Happy New Year! Wishing you good health and happiness in 2017!
If you’ve followed this blog long, you know that Knox Street will be undergoing an extensive makeover and a diet. (see August blog post for details) Over the summer the city council gave final approval for the thoroughfare change to Knox. Funding has been secured from the 2012 bond package and the complete streets group has released this Tentative Schedule for completion. It look like construction will begin in early 2018 and will be completed in early 2019.
Tentative Design Schedule
- Conceptual design (20% complete) – 4/2017
- Preliminary design (65% complete) – 7/2017
- Pre-final design (85% complete) – 9/2017
- Final design (100% complete) – 11/2017
- Final design complete 12/2017
Tentative construction timeline
- Construction award 3/2018
- Construction start 4/2018
- Construction complete 4/2019
Additional public meetings will be announced in 2017.